Join a dynamic and esteemed team in Dubai, in our client’s largest office in the Middle East and Africa region, as a Senior Associate specializing in Dispute Resolution within the Energy, Marine, and Natural Resources sectors. This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to work with leading lawyers in a top-tier practice and represent prominent clients in international arbitration and litigation.
As the energy industry undergoes significant transitions, grappling with ESG concerns, the global energy crisis, and an uncertain geopolitical landscape, the legal challenges it faces are unprecedented. Our client is at the forefront of addressing these issues on a global scale. The Middle East and Africa are pivotal regions in relation to these challenges, and our client, as the largest international firm in the Middle East with a strong presence in Africa, plays a crucial role.
With Dubai hosting COP 28 in 2023, the issues faced by these sectors will be under global scrutiny. This presents an exciting opportunity to make a lasting impact on the global stage.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong academic background
- Experience handling disputes at a major UK or international firm
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: energy (including renewables and clean energy), marine, shipbuilding, marine insurance, trade and commodities
- Willingness to assume responsibility and take a proactive and commercially oriented approach
- Driven, enthusiastic, and adaptable team player
- Entrepreneurial mindset with good commercial awareness
- Genuine interest in business development and the ability to cultivate and nurture long-term client relationships
About the Firm:
Our client specialises in the sectors that form the foundation of global trade and commercial activity, including energy, marine, insurance, transport, construction, trade, and commodities. With a global integration approach, they offer a comprehensive range of legal services covering both contentious and non-contentious matters, providing commercially astute legal advice to businesses operating worldwide.
- Competitive Tax free salary (depending on the tax rules of your home country)
- Private medical insurance
- Accommodation Loan
- Relocation benefits (if coming from outside the country) including onboarding flight, relocation allowance plus first month’s accommodation provided
- Holidays start at 25 days per annum. An additional day is awarded after three and five years of continuous service. There is also the option to purchase additional holidays
- End of Service gratuity calculated on length of service after a minimum of one year’s continuous employment
- Discretionary chargeable hours bonus for all qualified permanent time-recording casehandlers in the region
- Life assurance on commencement, equivalent to four times annual salary
- Maternity, paternity and adoption pay